THE COCA-COLA AFRICA FOUNDATION COMMITS FUNDS TO DISTRICT 9200/RFFA ROTARY FAMILY HEALTH DAY
The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation (TCCAF) has committed $100,000 USD in support of the Rotary Family Health Day initiative. These funds will be used for mobilization costs by Rotarians in the countries of Kenya and Uganda for the April 30th HIV Testing & Counseling event. TCCAF has been a six year partner of Rotarians For Fighting AIDS on the continent of Africa. We thank the Board of Trustees of TCCAF and William Asiko, President of the Foundation, for this generous support!
DELTA/KLM SUPPORTS RFFA IN ROTARY FAMILY HEALTH DAY EVENT
RFFA is pleased to announce the support of DELTA and KLM as travel partners to East Africa for the Health Day event. THANK YOU to both of these major airlines for supporting RFFA in our mission to make a difference in the lives of African families affected by HIV/AIDS.
NEW PARTNERS COME ON BOARD TO SUPPORT
THE ROTARY FAMILY HEALTH DAY IN UGANDA
RFFA is pleased to announce the addition of several partners in this event:
- AIDS INFORMATION CENTER (AIC) will be the overall Primary Technical Partner responsible for managing and implementing the testing and counseling, follow through to networks of care, and monitoring and evaluation of results.
- PEPFAR/USAID programs will be doing testing and counseling in support of the Rotary Day in three regions of the country via their STAR program (Strengthening TB and AIDS Response), and NUMAT.
- ELIZABETH GLASER PEDIATRIC AIDS FOUNDATION will be doing testing and counseling in the southern region of Uganda.
- Other partners include TASO, BAYLOR, UGANDA CARES, MJAP (Joint program of Makerere and Mbarara Universities).
- Local and National Ministries of Health of Uganda.
THANKS to all of these organizations in working with the hundreds of Rotarian volunteers on this massive, nationwide Rotary Family Health Day.